Video of NCERT program — 5 February 2021
“Exploring Geography through Climographs”
The Institute of Geographical Studies (TIGS), is dedicated to popularizing geography education for children, particularly those in classes 8+.
We invite children to explore a world of ideas through this fascinating discipline called geography.
Here is a project to bring something interesting to children (and adults) studying geography: a book on climographs in India based on climate data from 111 climate stations from the amazing India Meteorological Department (IMD), one of the long-serving, tax-payer-funded agencies of the Government of India. ( See list of stations )
Climographs are pictures that tell us about long term average atmospheric variations at a place.
About the book:
- Title : India Climographs
- Contents :
- Introduction to climate concepts, climographs, and how to read a climograph.
- Climographs for 111 stations in India.
- How to use the book to advance your knowledge of geography.
- Graded exercises to help you assess your own progress in studying this book.
- Hints on how to ask geography questions.
- Forewords by:
- Dr Surinder Mohan Bhardwaj, cultural geographer, Professor Emeritus, Department of Geography, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, USA
- Dr Thomas W Schmidlin, a meteorologist, Professor Emeritus, Department of Geography, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, USA.
- Dr M V Srinivasan, Professor of Economics, Department of Education in Social Sciences, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi, India
- Price : FREE!
- Why is this book free?
- The data that are graphed here have been collected using tax-payer funds, by the Government of India. You have already paid for the data.
- The creation of the graphs and their compilation into a book are a service by The Institute of Geographical Studies in the cause of popularizing geography education.
- Conditions applicable : Published under Creative Commons Licensing: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 : Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Please learn about the conditions by visiting the Creative Commons lincensing link given here.
- If you are a teacher, please teach your pupils about this structure and its importance.
- Please be sure share your thoughts and comments on this book. Additional information is welcome. We will try to include your information in a future revised edition of the book.
Download your copy here : INDIA CLIMOGRAPHS BY TIGS
List of the meteorological stations in the book
|5||Aijal / Aizawl|
|81||New Delhi (Palam)|
|82||New Delhi (SFD)|