Resource for educators on “The Plank Man’s geography”
Curricular linkages: (you may make more)
- The nature of activity spaces and how different factors shape them.
- Geographic access as a human right.
- Civics, citizens, and geography – how they are interconnected.
- Conversion of linear measurements from one unit to another.
- Understanding of human rights, geographical rights in particular.
- The part of the government that is responsible for ensuring and maintaining geographical rights.
- Whom to approach regarding making spaces safe for disabled people. How to approach them.
- Speak or write about the topic from other perspectives; e.g.: lawyer, a disabled person (blind, deaf, etc.), friend, care-giver, etc.
- Use different forms (prose, poetry, script, etc.) to offer perspectives.
- Why should we care about the geographical rights of disabled people?
No responses yet