We are distributing several books, FREE, received from a donor. Please check out the details on how you may get copies for your organization/school . . .
The Indian Institute of Geographical Studies (TIIGS) is committed to and striving for positive changes in geography education.
We recognize the importance of inter-disciplinary education and believe that geography is the best discipline to bring about integration among the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, arts, and other disciplines.
Empowering teachers, students, and institutions is the best way of achieving this.
TIIGS collaborates and cooperates with like-minded organizations and individuals in this endeavour.
The publishers, Pearson Education, have sent us a large volume of books to be given away to educational NGOs and resource-challenged schools.
- Please download the Excel sheet here.
- Open the file on your computer.
- Enter the number of copies of each book that you need, and other details.
Save the file.
- Email it to: geo at tiigs . org (remove spaces, replace ‘at’ with @)
- Last date for submitting requests by email: Saturday 16 JULY 2011
- These books will be distributed on a ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis at a small get-together.
- We will try to meet as many organizations’ requests as possible so that the quantities of books and the number of organizations receiving are as high as we can manage.
- TIIGS will notify each organization as to how much of their request can be fulfilled.
- Details of the get-together where you can collect your bundles:
- Date and time: 3 pm – 4 pm, Friday 22 July 2011
- Location: GeoVidyaa Geography Centre of Excellence, c/o Army Public School, K. Kamaraj Road, Bangalore 560042. (see map)
- Based on the requests received, the books will be bundled, tied up with string, and labeled for your organization.
- Kindly make your own arrangements to collect and transport your bundles.
- On behalf of Pearson Education and TIIGS, we request that you send us hi-resolution digital images of students using these books as documentation.
- For further information, please contact: geo at tiigs . org (remove spaces, replace ‘at’ with @)